Jo (Mixed Book Bag)'s Reviews > The Garden of Happy Endings

Jun 23, 2012

bookshelves: romance
Read in June, 2012 — I own a copy

Romance

I kept seeing The Garden of Happy Endings on Amazon Vine’s Last Harvest list. It kept calling to me so when there were only two left I put in a request. I am glad I did.

Although this is a book filled with religion I would never label it Christian fiction. The book starts with a prolog about Elsa as she turns her back on God the second time. The book moves on to Elsa as she turns her back on God the third time. The theme it really about a crisis of faith, any type of faith and could be about anyone, any religion, any time, and any place.

It is also a romance (more than one), a book about new beginnings after betrayal and how we just have to keep going until we can accept and live with what life has given us.

There are so many great characters in the book. All of them are important and all add to the richness of the story. At the end of the book I wanted to continue to follow the characters as they got on with their lives. That to me is the mark of a very good story.

I don’t want to give away any more about the book. I think that anyone who read the book would come away with something of value and I would recommend the book to anyone. I also plan to look into other books by Barbara O’Neal.

Bantam published The Garden of Happy Endings by Barbara O’Neal in 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Garden of Happy Endings.

11/11/2016 marked as: read