Kristalia 's Reviews > Cinder

bookshelves: me-likey-mucho, reviewed, age-young-adult
Read from December 15 to 20, 2012

Final rating: 4/5 stars

description

Considering the fact that Cinder is a retelling of Cinderella in dystopia, it was actually more than i expected. And it's also one of the rare dystopias where the setting is not in America, but in Asia, and in New Beijing, where whole Asia united into a Empire called Commonwhealth. The other continents did as well, though only the CW was empire. This i liked, but i also loved the idea that the moon got the name "Luna" and that the people there, Lunar, were not quite right (who have mind control, hell yeah, and whom the Earthlings are very afraid of). So, to avoid the inevitable war, Prince Kaito must ally with Lunar Queen Levana (who is quite a b****). And in the meantime, there is a incurable plague taking lives of citizens in high numbers.

And in the meantime we have mechanic cyborg called Cinder who is our Cinderella of the story. Though the story was somewhat predictable, i just didn't care for it, because i cared for characters more. And also, this was told from third point of view with alternating povs (which is another big + from me). And it's recommended to read Glitches first.

Characters :
____________________________________________

Cinder is a cyborg with amnesia, with many problems and with a step mother which is abusive and 2 step sisters. One i didn't like, and one was ok. So....as usual, every bad thing that happens (where you throw in some hate) is directed toward Cinder, so yeah, poor girl. But she managed to deal with it, and she is more human than she thought. I liked her a lot. Though, i could really guess easily who she was so i thought that part was predictable as hell, but other than that, she is amazing character.

Prince Kai, on the other hand is the type you wanna shake and hug and say everything is ok xD (well, Cinder is one of those as well). He was burdened with the fact that he had to rule at such young age and that he had to make decisions best for his country, therefore betraying his heart and his beliefs. But did he?
Anyway, i liked the flirting between him and Cinder and i found them both to be absolutely cute together (throw in some conspiracies, some Lunars,some powers and cyborgs and some hate and positions and whatever else that can be thrown at them).

Anyway, that crazy doctor was one of the people i liked. Also, i liked Iko, robot who was actually thinking she was human-and who i think got the role of fairy godmother. Hm.......... :D
Though, Adri, the stepmother was such bitch i just couldn't understand. Oh common, you can't just be that bitchy, right? I hoped she would change, but nooooooooooooo. The same goes for Pearl. But Peony was alright, i didn't like her, but i didn't hate her as well, and she is the only person Cinder liked (She loves Iko)
Queen Levana - she irritates me so much. Oh and she stands in their way! Someone do something, but i still believe:
description

____________________________________________

Overall :
____________________________________________

very interesting book, i can't wait for Scarlet, especially after reading The Queen's Army.

And i just can't help it, but this is so ironical picture in Cinderella story: (it's not big spoiler, it was bound to happen)
(view spoiler)

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

REVIEW(S) RELATED TO THIS BOOK:

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)

This review can be found on my blog: infinity-of-time.blogspot.com also known as...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.

06/23/2016 marked as: read

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review K!

Kristalia Blacky wrote: "Awesome review K!"

Thanx dear <3

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Fantastic review. OMG I love that cat hahaha x

Kristalia thank youuuuuuu (which one :D?)

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* The first one with his mouth open hahahhahahah soooooooo funny!

Kristalia Ahhhhhh that one was gorgeoouuuuuuuus :D

message 7: by Liz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liz Awesome review!:D I love the pictures!

Kristalia ty Liz <3

message 9: by kris (new) - added it

kris This sounds good!! Great review Kris!

Kristalia thanx Kris :D
oooooooh i cant wait for you to read it :D

"That's All" Ash Your review?

BRILLIANT!!

Awesome job, girl!!

*HIGH FIVE!*

Basuhi Awesome review, Kristalia !
I have this but just can't make up my mind to read it yet.
But now it looks like I have to read it soon :)

Kristalia Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Your review?

BRILLIANT!!

Awesome job, girl!!

*HIGH FIVE!*"

hehehehe thank you :D

Kristalia Basuhi wrote: "Awesome review, Kristalia !
I have this but just can't make up my mind to read it yet.
But now it looks like I have to read it soon :)"

you should read these, you won't regret :D

Kristalia Soraya Naomi wrote: "Wonderful again babe!! I can't help myself but to click on the spoilers, it's a sickness of mine hahhaha"

hahahahahaha at least it was nothing serious XD
i like doing that sometimes too :D

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Awesome review!

Kristalia ty ♥

Ronyell Awesome review! I loved this book also!

message 19: by Kristalia (last edited Nov 23, 2014 10:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristalia thanx dear <3

Ronyell Kristalia wrote: "thanx dear <3"

You're welcome! :D

Priyanka Amazing review, Kristalia! I love this book too!

Kristalia thank you~

Mendes Fan Awesome review! I <3 this book too! This used to be my favourite from the series, but I think I like the novella better :) have you read it? If you haven't, then your in for a surprise!

Kristalia Mahnoor wrote: "Awesome review! I <3 this book too! This used to be my favourite from the series, but I think I like the novella better :) have you read it? If you haven't, then your in for a surprise!"

Thank you!
which novela? i have read some so i dont know which one you mean?

Mendes Fan There's only one novella, and it's levana's story! It's called fairest. It's long for a novella because they are usually short.

Kristalia oh i thought you meant the short stories. I see! i will definitely read it too :D

Mendes Fan Yes, please do! :D

Katerina Kondrenko Aw, once again - amazing frame! And I agree with you, dystopian world which is outside America is a rare thing, rare and interesting.

Kristalia Katerina wrote: "Aw, once again - amazing frame! And I agree with you, dystopian world which is outside America is a rare thing, rare and interesting."

ah, but this is a long long time ago review >_< i am not satisfied with these. i will probably rewrite them when i pick up lunar again :D

yeah exactly which is why i loved it ^_^

Katerina Kondrenko Kristalia wrote: "Katerina wrote: "Aw, once again - amazing frame! And I agree with you, dystopian world which is outside America is a rare thing, rare and interesting."

ah, but this is a long long time ago review ..."

so this isn't your best one, huh? now I'm really excited)

message 31: by Kristalia (last edited Dec 12, 2015 10:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristalia Katerina wrote: "so this isn't your best one, huh? now I'm really excited) "

Hahahaha, no it isn't XD it's one of the bad bad ones hahahaha xD
i wish i could go and rewrite reviews for some of the books but that would require rereading so i do it only when i reread :/