Jessica Johnson's Reviews > Samson's Lovely Mortal

Jun 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012
Read in June, 2012

Sexy Summer Saturdays is a weekly post that Hackaroo's Reviews, Sims-Sational Books, The Autumn Review, and The Bookish Babe created for fun, to spread the word about sizzling summer reads.

This week's SSS is from:

Goodreads Description:

Vampire bachelor Samson can't get it up anymore. Not even his shrink can help him. That changes when the lovely mortal auditor Delilah tumbles into his arms after a seemingly random attack. Suddenly there's nothing wrong with his hydraulics - that is, as long as Delilah is the woman in his arms.

His scruples about taking Delilah to bed vanish when his shrink suggests it's the only way to cure his problem. Thinking all he needs is one night with her, Samson indulges in a night of pleasure and passion.

However, another attack on Delilah and a dead body later, and Samson has his hands full: not only with trying to hide the fact he's a vampire, but also with finding out what secrets Delilah harbors for somebody to want her harm.

What did I think?

Well, when I read the description on this book, I started laughing. I thought this book would be pretty hilarious. I mean, come on....a vampire with a problem getting it up? I could not resist.

Then I read the first sentence of the book. I laughed even more. Message me or something and I will tell you what it is. Let me tell you it was kind of a shock. ;-) It made me want to read more. Ha!

Anyways, back to my initial thought about this book being hilarious. It's not what I initially thought. I mean it was funny with in regards to stereotypical vampirism (<---is that a word? Not sure....gah. oh well) like with the fact that he goes to see a psychiatrist about his "problem" and the doctor has a coffin in the room where the clients are supposed to lay down and talk about their problem. Seriously? Pretty silly.

But back to the story. I actually was surprised at how this book was really intriguing. There was a little bit of mystery and danger and a good amount of sex (of course). But it was really great read.

The interaction between Samson and Delilah was sparks. Right away. Even from the very first meeting you knew it was going to be hawt.

The sex scenes were extremely yummy for me. I'm all for some kinkery but normalcy is awesome too. Folsom did a great job making it realistic in my mind. Which made it hotter for me. I loved the first real hawt scene with Samson and Delilah in the living room. Got me fanning myself.

I really enjoyed this book. The emotion and adventure was a great twist. I like the eroticas that have a story. Not just sex all the time. It also make is awesome when you feel the connection the couple has is real.

Just a sidenote: the only thing that really bothered me was in the initial meeting, Samson was wearing a turtleneck sweater. No matter how hot you are, how old you are, how skinny, cut, or fat, NO MAN LOOKS GOOD IN A TURTLENECK!

Venting done ;-)

Favorite Quote:

He lowered his lips and kissed her. She tasted like a beautiful flower in a meadow full of lavender.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Samson's Lovely Mortal.