Davis Falk's Reviews > None Dare Call It Conspiracy

None Dare Call It Conspiracy by Gary Allen

bookshelves: 2020-read-list

I read this book as research for my novel Backstop and sequels. It was an inspiration for perhaps the most successful conspiracy theorist (CT) of all time, Texas millionaire Alex Jones, who has really defined the CT industry. It is hard to argue that this is an excellent CT textbook, the seminal work in the field, though it was not the first. I would call it the CT manifesto.

Written during the 1972 presidential campaigns, it is highly critical of Richard Nixon, as much as his opponents. Though Allen was a John-Birch-Society conservative, he felt that Nixon had betrayed his conservative base, especially the anti-communists. However, he predicted that Nixon would win the election, which would be controlled by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). The CFR, Allen posits, is the United States arm of an international web of powerful and devious men and women whose goal is to enslave us all and govern the entire world in a Socialist regime.

Not only does Allen present his detailed theory, he provides a plan of action for the like-minded, including political action, but mostly involving buying and distributing as many copies of his book as possible.

None Dare Call It Conspiracy is an excellent blueprint for a career such as the one Alex Jones has enjoyed, and a good reading choice, I think, for a novelist such as myself. I am inspired.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read None Dare Call It Conspiracy.

September 7, 2020 – Started Reading