Nita's Reviews > Hearts of Darkness

Hearts of Darkness by Kira Brady

Jun 22, 2012

bookshelves: para-romance, read-2012
Read from August 16 to 19, 2012

Oh geez, I really really enjoyed this book. I loved the mythology and the very non-black and white characters. This is a paranormal romance with a definite urban fantasy feel. It takes place in a dark Seattle where the feud between the Kivati and the Drekar, both powerful races of shapeshifters, ever rages. Kayla has come to Seattle to find out what happened to her sister. She doesn't believe the story that her sister died of a drug overdose. On her mission to find out the truth, she is approached by Hart, a wolf shifter, who is looking for a necklace he believes Kayla's sister stole from his boss.

The book is a bit dark and focuses a little more on the story than the romance, but not enough for me to feel like the romance was lacking in any way. The side characters were just as fascinating as the main couple. Brady gave just enough of a tease into these characters' lives to make me really really look forward to reading their books, especially Corbette and Lucia's. They have the most complicated relationship. How will they finally come together? Apparently I will have to wait until February of 2014 when Hearts of Chaos is published to find out. That makes me a little sad.

Very, very well done.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts of Darkness.

08/17/2012 page 39
08/18/2012 page 111
34.0% "What I like- the good and bad guys are not black & white. Also, it's a bit dark. The hero can be crude & then very sweet. But I can see why the heroine is falling for him."