Alena's Reviews > The Round House

The Round House by Louise Erdrich

Jun 22, 2012

bookshelves: book-club

I'm having trouble settling my thoughts to write coherently about this novel, but it took my breath away. So many elements I love:
Coming of age
Unfamiliar locale (an Indian reservation in South Dakota May as we'll be the other sis of the world)
Dark and disturbing, but not without beauty
A bit of a mystery
A complex moral dilemma without clear answers
And, oh, a brave tragic, entangled, unresolved ending.

I don't know why it's taken me so long to read this author but I will be trying her again very soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Round House.

June 22, 2012 – Shelved
March 10, 2014 – Started Reading
March 10, 2014 – Shelved as: book-club
March 14, 2014 – Finished Reading

Cathy I read The Master Butchers Singing Club a long time ago and would recommend it. I don't know why I haven't read any thing else by Erdrich since then.

Diane S ☔ She is one of my favorites.

Alena Thanks Cathy, and yes, Diane, I can see that. I'm so sorry I missed the chance to see her when she as in Oak Park last year.

Diane S ☔ So nice to hear from you. Did you have a good Xmas?

Alena Diane S. wrote: "So nice to hear from you. Did you have a good Xmas?"

Hi friend. I did have a nice, and very relaxing Christmas. Trying to hold on to that spirit. Looking forward to reconnecting in the new year.

♥ Sandi ❣	Great to see you posting. Was thinking about you recently. Missed hearing from you.

Diane S ☔ I think she is making us part of her New Years resolutions.

Alena Really my resolution for 2015 is to recapture my joy in, and passion for, reading. I know you ladies will inspire me if I can just check in daily.

♥ Sandi ❣	Well Alena you have always inspired me, so I hope you do check in every day. I like having you around...LOL!!

Diane S ☔ ToniMorrison has a new book coming out God Help the Child. Is that inspiring?

Alena Diane S. wrote: "ToniMorrison has a new book coming out God Help the Child. Is that inspiring?"

You know it is!