Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Pumpkin Patch Sweethearts

Pumpkin Patch Sweethearts by Sasha Summers

bookshelves: arcs

So sweet; this book was very enjoyable for several reasons. First, the characters are wonderful and help move this book along steadily. While the relationship development between Harley and Josh is slow; I didn't mind. There is so much going on in this book aside from a romance that I was completely engaged. It was wonderful to watch.

Josh is a widower and moved his small family to Crossvine Creek in the hopes he will be able to focus more on his two young children. Josh has a son and a younger daughter, Nadia, who is painfully shy around most people. Nadia is not engaging in school and wants nothing more than to stay home. Fortunately, Harley is one of the very few people that Nadia feels comfortable around due in part to their mutual love of art. Harley is a wonderful character; her heart is big and she is selfless and nurturing. Her capacity to love is one of the things that make her an endearing heroine. She is so easy to fall in love with. So then why is Josh a grump when it comes to Harley? You'll just have to read their story to find out.

Another aspect I absolutely loved about this book is the Fall theme. The small town of Crossvine Creek goes out of their way to celebrate this time of year with fun activities and festivals. The citizens who we meet in the book are a great addition and contribute to make this an even better book. Harley and her family are perfect. I felt such a strong connection to them all.

This book is smoothly written and you'll be at the end before you know it. I won't give any details away but I can tell you that watching the McBride family welcomed was so sweet. Crossvine Creek is definitely a town I can't wait to read more about.

This is my honest and unbiased review and I thank you for taking the time to read it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pumpkin Patch Sweethearts.

September 4, 2020 – Started Reading