Jena Henry's Reviews > Cross Waves

Cross Waves by Amanda Uhl

A cruel murder in cold blood from the past collides with the present in Cross Waves, Mind Hackers Series Book 2. Cross Waves is a psychic romance and like the first book in the series features the U.S. government’s secret Cognitive Mind Unit, the CMU. The characters and the plot stand alone from the first book in the series.

The headquarter of the CMU is in Cleveland, and I enjoyed reading about the sights and sounds of a city that is almost home for me. The story also takes us to Chicago and Arizona. If you look at the dramatic cover of the book you will see the two main characters, Geneva and Rolf. They are both talents in the CMU. Each of their unique psychic abilities enables them to work well together to guard the nation’s cognitive assets, but these same skills threaten the mysterious and powerful connection they have. Can their love and passion connect when their minds won’t allow it? Will Rolf’s dark energy overtake him and kill Geneva?

When two other agents, Julia and Percy are plunged into grave danger, Geneva and Rolf must use their abilities to save them. A fascinating part of the story involves “crystals fabricated to absorb extreme amounts of energy”, which can then kill innocent people all over the world. Who are the good guys and who are evil? This desperate battle to find the source of the crystals also requires the unusual psychic skills of Rolf’s Nonna, which is a fantastic part of the story.

Author Amanda Uhl uses lovely language to vividly and clearly describe the characters’ psychic talents; she makes a complex topic understandable and fascinating. The descriptions are woven into the story so that they increase the thrills and drama. “Words were meaningless. Plenty of people said one thing and meant another. Auras, on the other hand, never lied.” Geneva can see many colors- Julia’s is buttercup yellow, her brother is teal blue, the head of the CMU is amber.

Fast paced, with many amazing characters, this book will have you holding your breathe while you rush to read the next chapter. You will also be breathless from the passion of Geneva and Rolf. I would have liked to have seen more about the personal lives of Geneva and Rolf, but perhaps that’s because I enjoyed them and cared about them so much.

I received an advance review copy from the author. This is my honest review.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross Waves.

September 4, 2020 – Started Reading