Abigail's Reviews > A Feast for Crows

Jun 21, 2012

bookshelves: audio-book, fantasy, read-2012
Recommended to Abigail by: Jermey
Read from June 26 to July 13, 2012

Well that was 900 pages of nothing happening. Or rather 700 pages of nothing happening and 200 of interesting stuff. But I'm aware that its all important and I can't wait to see how it all ties together. It was nice that those on Westeros were finally taking notice of Daenerys and we finally see how important she actually is,not just as the "rightful heir" to the iron throne but to the whole scheme of things. It seems like to me in her links what's happening at the Wall to everything else going on. While I did miss Jon and Tyrion,I quite enjoyed Jamie in this book and I have to say I think he's become my favourite character. Also,he really just needs a hug. I feel so bad for him most of the time. (Even if he's a bit of a shit other times.) And oh my god,Cersei! Bitch is friggn insane! I near got a headache reading some of her chapters. Others just made me drop my jaw like "huh?" Also,I'm quite pleased how she ends this book. :) poor Tommen though. :/

I don't want to go into too much as I'm not a fan of spoiler reviews,but I'm confused about Alleras the Sphinxand Pate. Upon finishing the book,I went back and reread the first chapter and I'm more confused than ever. I hope some light gets shed on this in Dance of Dragons (which I'll be starting post haste so don't tell me either way.)

I have however,consulted with a friend that finished "Dance of Dragons" and he confirmed that the Brienne storyline is left hanging and there's no mention of it in "Dragons." I'm much displeased about this but I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one so I'll hold my tongue and accept what's been given to me.

In addition,I'd like to note that my internet is down (not that I'm noticing much with all these books) and I've had to write this review in my phone as an email to myself so I could copy and paste it in goodreads so I wouldn't lose it if the page timed out while I was try

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Feast for Crows.

06/27/2012 page 34
06/28/2012 page 184
17.0% "Cersei is friggn crazy! I'm told I'll get to see her decent into madness. I'm not sure if I'm excited by this prospect or scared. Either way, the further I get in these books, the harder they are to put down."
show 13 hidden updates…