Melanie's Reviews > Star Daughter

Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar

OwlCrate's August 2020 Box : My Rep Code: MEL10 ❤️
Fairyloot's August 2020 Box: My Rep Code: MELANIE5 ❤️

Reviews you should check out: Fanna's, Anandi's, Sara's

"She was nothing but the words of a story, one tale weaving imperceptibly into the next. She was the loom that wove the tapestry. She was the tapestry that joined all things."

Star Daughter is a beautiful story about a girl who is half human and half star, and she must go to the celestial court to try to save her father after he has fallen ill. And before she knows it, she is taking part in a magical competition that she must win!

This is also a story about art and all the different forms, and how sometimes music can be healing. Yet also about how much is taken from other cultures under the disguise of the word “muse”. This is such a beautiful story that is ownvoices for the Indian representation and the Hindu mythology, and I truly think it’s a bright and shining star *wink* in 2020 debuts!

If you’re looking for a story with some magic, some romance, some identity discovery, connections through our ancestors, beautiful and lush settings, mouthwatering food descriptions, and a whole lot of love on every page, I’d really recommend Star Daughter!

Trigger and Content Warnings: abandonment, lots of blood depiction, violence (cuts & stabs), captivity, hospitalization of a loved one, illness of a loved one, panic attacks, talk of kidnapping, and talk of loss of a loved on in the past.

Blog | Instagram | Youtube | Ko-fi | Spotify | Twitch

Buddy read with Maëlys! ❤

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Daughter.

September 3, 2020 – Started Reading
September 3, 2020 – Shelved as: maëlys
September 3, 2020 – Shelved as: fantasy
September 8, 2020 – Finished Reading
October 6, 2020 – Shelved as: buddy-reads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Ivana - Diary of Difference That cover is gorgeous 😻

Brooke — brooklynnnnereads Ah this book looks and sounds incredible!

message 3: by Cece (new)

Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀ omg that cover !!!!

message 4: by EJ (new)

EJ Graham That does sound awesome

message 5: by Reynita (new)

Reynita ★ The Night Reader ★ Happy reading! And omg, that cover is so beautiful!

Sara ahh, mel, i loved this review!! 💗 (and thank you so much for mentioning mine! 🥺)

message 7: by EJ (new)

EJ Graham I was literally listening to a song about mental health, then I read your review talking about music being healing. I know it's a coincidence, but it's a wonderful one

Kinlee this is my first time read ing this book but it is amazing for some but i am one of those people that likes books like this

Kinlee omg your amazing