Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Wild Sign

Wild Sign by Patricia Briggs

bookshelves: 2021, arc, fantasy, favorite-series, favorite-authors, netgalley, publisher, series, werewolves, urban-fantasy

Back to the Mercyverse!! One of my favorite fantasy worlds ever!

As an Alpha and Omega novel, we know Charles and Anna are frontpage. Ana, the Omega that has stabilized Bran's pack of unstable powerful werewolves and Charles, Bran's son, the enforcer. If Charles shows up, you know someone has misbehaved and death is close. Charles is only different around Ana. She sees parts of him that no one else does.

So what's Wild Sign about?

A new threat.

The FBI comes knocking (literally) on Charles and Ana's door. They're asking for help. A whole community that was living in the northern mountains of California has disappeared. No one has heard from them and the daughter of one of them has sounded the alarm. Her father used to communicate with her regularly and now there has been no communication whatsoever. So why ask Ana and Charles for help? Well, the community was staying on Leah's property!

Bran can't leave the pack so he sends Anna, Charles, and Tag to investigate instead. As soon as they get there, Carles can feel the magic. Witches have been there but someone older is lurking. All types of questions are coming up: What happened to the community? Are they still alive? What's the connection with Leah's past?

Well, I was not expecting this one. Leah and her past. Leah and her losses. Leah and the choices that were taken away from her and the ones she had to live with. It made my dislike for her simmer down a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not a fan and will never be. I've got a long memory and her behavior towards Mercy is still unforgivable.

Wild Sign has some scary parts. I didn't want Anna to lose what she had gained over the years. But, I shouldn't have worried. Ana is a survivor and a fighter and Charles is deadly to their enemies. I love them as a couple and Patricia Briggs proves that there is no need for a love triangle for it to work.

I love Tag in this one. He brought humor to the story. We all know he is lethal but Anna pacifies him in all the right ways. I was laughing when he introduced himself as the henchman.

I wonder if Patrica Briggs was checking to see if we were awake enough with the last part and that epilogue! It brought in a huge development and so many repercussions to come to so many: Bran, Sherwood, Samuel, Coyote, Mercy. You name it.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Ace Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Sign.

September 1, 2020 – Shelved
February 21, 2021 – Shelved as: publisher
February 21, 2021 – Shelved as: series
February 21, 2021 – Shelved as: werewolves
February 21, 2021 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael David Great review, Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Michael wrote: "Great review, Sheyla!"

Thank you, Michael.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I have read only the 0.5 novella but I should pick up the first book soon. I wasn't a fan of Mercy so I'm hoping this series would be better!

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina Fantastic review, Sheyla. Fantasy has never clicked for me, but I'm glad you found a series you enjoy so much.

Sheyla ✎ Nicole wrote: "I have read only the 0.5 novella but I should pick up the first book soon. I wasn't a fan of Mercy so I'm hoping this series would be better!"

I liked it. There is no triangle in this one.

Sheyla ✎ Regina wrote: "Fantastic review, Sheyla. Fantasy has never clicked for me, but I'm glad you found a series you enjoy so much."

Thank you, Regina. I do like some fantasy and this world is a good one.

Persephone's Pomegranate Great review ;)

Sheyla ✎ Persephone's Pomegranate wrote: "Great review ;)"
Thank you!

message 9: by Tina (new)

Tina A wonderful review Sheyla!!

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat I'm glad this is a series you're enjoying and it's staying strong! Great review, Sheyla.

message 11: by Daisy (new) - added it

Daisy Summers I haven’t read this book yet but if it’s anything like her past books IT WILL BE GREAT! Going to buy it now.

Sheyla ✎ Tina wrote: "A wonderful review Sheyla!!"

Thank you, Tina.

Sheyla ✎ Kat wrote: "I'm glad this is a series you're enjoying and it's staying strong! Great review, Sheyla."
It is Kat. I like it.

Sheyla ✎ Daisy wrote: "I haven’t read this book yet but if it’s anything like her past books IT WILL BE GREAT! Going to buy it now."

It was good. The epilogue......so many repercussions.