Bookbesties's Reviews > A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire

A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer L. Armentrout

In this highly anticipated sequel to Jennifer Armentrout’s successful fantasy series, From Blood and Ash, A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire picks up right where it left off.

This is probably going to be one of those reviews where I can’t say too much so as not to spoil anything but also where I want to just SCREAM how excellent this book was.

We find Poppy left dealing with a wide range of emotions left from a betrayal that cut her deep. Not really a reader of fantasy(I think I read, maybe three before this) This sequel had it all. Action, suspense, drama and romance. It had all the romance.

“There is no side of you that is not as beautiful as the other half. Not a single inch isn’t stunning.”

I don’t usually watch much fantasy shows, I mean, I’ve never seen one episode of GOT and I’m okay with that, but if it’s anything like AKoF&F then sign me up! The action was off the charts, suspenseful and entertaining to where it was playing out in my head like a movie scene.

What I loved most about this sequel is the journey that BOTH Hawke and Poppy take, individually and together as they both work toward a common goal.

I didn’t think that Jen could outdo From Blood and Ash as being my top read of 2020, but she did! I immediately started rereading AKoF&F(even though I have about 4 more reviews to read and do) and it is easily, EASILY my top read of 2020!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire.

July 28, 2020 – Started Reading