Cathy 's Reviews > The Man With the Golden Torc

The Man With the Golden Torc by Simon R. Green

Oct 14, 2008

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, mystery, mythology, series-reminder, urban

Overall, I liked this book very much. It was more substantive than his Nightside series (which I also like, but not quite as well). It wasn't quite as dark, also. It felt a bit more like a combo of the action in his Deathstalker space opera with the horror/dark fantasy of the Nightside books. More humor, a very likable protagonist and a fun new premise to explore. There were a few of his classic divergences into long descriptions of the weird creatures he's imagined without any real impact on the story. But overall it was fast-paced and a fun new take on the genre. I'm looking forward to reading the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man With the Golden Torc.

October 14, 2008 – Shelved
October 14, 2008 – Shelved as: fantasy
October 14, 2008 – Shelved as: paranormal
October 14, 2008 –
page 50
12.72% "Guess on page because I'm listening in the car. Wish I was driving more, the book is very interesting so far."
October 17, 2008 –
page 100
25.45% "Getting more interesting as the family is introduced and the central theme is coming to light. A more fully-fleshed book than the Nightside "
November 21, 2008 –
page 200
50.89% "Almost done. It got more interesting. I was annoyed in the middle that there was a lot of pointless touring around the weirdos of London. It"
Started Reading