Jacqui's Reviews > Edenbrooke

Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Jun 20, 2012

Edenbrooke is one of the most satisfying books I've read in a long time, probably since Laura Hillenbrand's lovely book, Unbroken. It's beautifully written, gripping and a truly heart-pounding read. The plot is plausible, believable and simply fun. I adore this period of English history, and all that went into being a lady of that time. The characters are completely satisfying--I adore Marianne, fell in love with Philip myself and was repelled by Cicily's behavior. And the dialogue is a riot! I laughed and giggled and found myself blushing along with Marianne.

I am excited to (hopefully) read more of Julianne Donaldson's works in the future. She definitely has a good start at an excellent literary career. I've almost given up buying books, as I'm left feeling unsatisfied and wondering if I'll ever read them again, but I will buy this book. I want a copy for myself (mine is on loan from an aunt), and will definitely give this book as gifts. I thought my aunt was a bit nuts when she told me she'd read it three times while recovering from surgery, but I honestly could pick it up again right now (just finished it, mind you) and read it again. And no, I do not have a connection with the author or publisher. No one begged me to write this review. It's just that fun of a read.

If you want a fantastic romance (not a genre I generally choose, but there's more than romance in these pages), pick this up. You won't regret it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edenbrooke.