Peter Megyeri's Reviews > Ballistic Kiss

Ballistic Kiss by Richard Kadrey

This is one of my if not my absolute favorite book series'. Reading a Sandman Slim novel always feels like a comfy old sweater. It always feels so familiar, but as always it was something new this time as well. This is the last but one installment in the series and it shows too, as the author starts to wrap up the story. Still, it is very witty, very badass, and fast-paced. Other times a true emotional roller coaster. Anyhow a real page-turner. I recommend it to absolutely everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ballistic Kiss.

Quotes Peter Liked

Richard Kadrey
“I should walk away from everything? Become a monk, watch movies, grow old, and complain about the old days when we had real movies and not 3-D holograms? I hate 3-D almost as much as I hate soup.”

Richard Kadrey
“The only stop I make is on a cliff overlooking the Pacific. I throw the road rage pistol far out into the water. Let the fish have it. They have more sense than some people, including me.”

Richard Kadrey
“I’m fine. Really,” I lie.”

Richard Kadrey
“The other bad part about being tossed out of a second story by one dead prick is that other dead pricks tend to notice.”

Richard Kadrey
“How did things go?” “On a scale of one to ten, about a negative nine.”

Richard Kadrey
“Goodbye, Stark.” “See you around.” “See, every time you say that it sounds like a threat.” “It’s not.” “And yet.”

Richard Kadrey
“What if you get eaten?” “You won’t let that happen.” “Honestly, I’m annoyed. I just might.”

Richard Kadrey
“Lions or tigers. They must be off somewhere waiting for the right moment to pounce. I like cats and don’t want to hurt one, but I will beat a lion to death with a shark if it tries to take a bite out of me.”

Richard Kadrey
“You’re going to protect me, right?” “Define ‘protect.’” “You’re not going to let it eat me.” “Not all of you. That’s a promise.”

Richard Kadrey
“As far as assholes go, you’re not the biggest one I ever met.” “That I’ll take as a compliment.”

Richard Kadrey
“I suppose I’ll get over Janet, but it’s going to be a long, sad process finding a new donut place.”

Richard Kadrey
“If I find anything, I’ll send you a copy. Leave your address with Maggie on the way out. And that’s a hint about where you should be headed right now.”

Richard Kadrey
“I want to say that I’m not doing this because you tried to kill me. I want to be bigger and better than that. But I’m not. I’m doing this because you tried to kill me.”

Richard Kadrey
“You’re saying you’re a better person than me?” Kasabian thinks about it. “Yeah. That’s exactly what I’m saying.” “Then let’s drink to that.”

Richard Kadrey
“Whatever happened to Michael?” “Oh, I killed him.” “Thank you. What a complete dick.” “He really was, wasn’t he?” “The worst.”

August 30, 2020 – Shelved