Rane's Reviews > One Naughty Night

One Naughty Night by Laurel McKee

1987431

bookshelves: victorian-era, keeper

“Sexuality is half poison and half liberation. What’s the line? I don’t have a line. ”
― Lady Gaga

I'm a sucker for dark sensual and sexual romances. One Naughty Night gave, and gave me more with two characters that craved more out of life, and took their chances and that leap of faith to reach their goals.

Lily St. Claire and Aidan Huntington come from family with a long history of hate between them. One from a well known family of rising stars of the theater another from a great ton family. Lily grew up on the harsh streets of London and was adopted into the St.Claire family with open arms and lots of love. Her past still haunts her when an old enemy turns up and brings long buried pain with him.

Lily hides behind her proper mask, wanting to be free sexual as a woman, but her scars are deep as she witness her mother who was a prostitute. When Aidan walks into her life, the binds that chain her, are broken as she can explore without censure being a woman and more.

Aidan was a yummy hero, who happens to be the second son of a duke and was pushed to be more then a never doer. Aidan's dreams lead him to want to write plays and create with his own hands. Aidan frees Lily with his curiosity and his own sensual nature. Aidan is the type of person whose willing to try anything once and isn't ashamed of it. He discovers more in Lily then any women he's ever met before and takes away the mask she wears, while she takes away his heart.

Your also given some great glimpses of other family members of both the St.Claires and the Huntington, who have their eye on one another that no doubt will have even more sparks fly.

And While both Lily and Aidan burn up the pages, as they discover a little more about each other in and out of the bedroom. At times I did get tired of all the sex scenes, not that they were not hot, with a light dash of bdsm. But with Tom Beaumont, whose after Lily is closing in. I wanted the focus to be on Lily and Aidan and their emotions, dreams and as they fall in love with one another. Still, this was one smoking hot read, with great characters and a terrific backstory, a great start to this new series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Naughty Night.

June 20, 2012 – Shelved
June 24, 2012 – Started Reading
June 24, 2012 – Shelved as: victorian-era
June 27, 2012 –
June 27, 2012 – Finished Reading
July 6, 2012 – Shelved as: keeper

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

Shawna I'd never read anything by this author before but it was a nice surprise for me. And whew but it's h-o-t! I hope you enjoy it, Rane!

Rane Shawna wrote: "I'd never read anything by this author before but it was a nice surprise for me. And whew but it's h-o-t! I hope you enjoy it, Rane!"

Thanks Shawna! Crossing my fingers that it ends up for me a goodie to!

Lisa Great review! I just got this one and I'm looking forward to it :)

Shawna Great review, Rane! And I love the heart graphics! I really enjoyed this one, too! The sex scenes were...yowza! I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

message 5: by Dija (new)

Dija Awesome review, Rane! I wasn't planning on reading this book before, but I'm going to have to add it to my list after reading your review. :D

Rane Lisa wrote: "Great review! I just got this one and I'm looking forward to it :)"

Thanks Lisa, I hope you enjoy it, it's smokin'!

Rane Shawna wrote: "Great review, Rane! And I love the heart graphics! I really enjoyed this one, too! The sex scenes were...yowza! I'm looking forward to the next book in the series."

Thanks Shawna! I finally found a cute little graphic to match the pretty cover :P
RAWR! Some of those scenes..*fans self*
The next in the series can't come fast enough for me :D

Rane Dija wrote: "Awesome review, Rane! I wasn't planning on reading this book before, but I'm going to have to add it to my list after reading your review. :D"

Thank you Dija! This was a great surprise for me, as I haven't read anything by this author before. And it ending up to be a delicious read was all the more better

message 9: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Walton Grant Great review, Rane! I've never read this author before, but the words "dark" and "sensual" have me clicking the "add" button.

Thanks!

message 10: by Rane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rane Tammy wrote: "Great review, Rane! I've never read this author before, but the words "dark" and "sensual" have me clicking the "add" button.

Thanks!"

Thanks Tammy! LOL! Yes, those two words really fit the book. You may have read or come across her works by her other name Amanda McCabe?

message 11: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Walton Grant I haven't, Rane, but off I go to check them out. :) Have you read much of her stuff (under either name)?

message 12: by Rane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rane This is the first book I've read by her by this name, her McCabe regencies (the few I've read) are very sweet, and nice- I enjoy them

message 13: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne Wonderful review Rane and now I can't wait to read!

message 14: by Rane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rane KatLynne wrote: "Wonderful review Rane and now I can't wait to read!"

Thanks Kat! I hope you enjoy it, and be sure to have some cool water next to you cause this books gets a little hot~!