Tânia's Reviews > The Rising

Jun 20, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: read-2013, ebook

2,5 stars

For me, The Gathering is the best book of the trilogy, the second was a close-call, but nowhere near good enough, and the third was, quite frankly, a waste of time. I do not want to say that this is a bad book at all, it’s always nice to return to a series you’ve been following with interest, but in this case it wasn’t so much the story, but the characters that gathered most of my attention, for I didn’t like the plot chosen by the author. (view spoiler) It was disappointing to follow the story through certain paths I didn’t think possible an author that has engendered such a good story such as the first book of the series could turn to. I feel like a good and significant part that makes or could have made this series so good, was lost.

It had action, beautiful scenes, and some good sense of humor, but never in a satisfactory dose, only average enough to get me to finish reading the book.

All in all, just an okay book, a not very favorable follow-up, much less a conclusion, which felt forced, and if you ask me, wrapped up pretty ridiculous.

Nonetheless, it was worth it for Ash, kenjii, and shape-shifter Maya, which can be more appealing than normal Maya.

It's really a shame that The Gathering has been extended to reach this point ... a point of no return.

Expected much more...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rising.

June 20, 2012 – Shelved