Sandy Cox's Reviews > God Save the Queen

God Save the Queen by Kate Locke

Jun 20, 2012

Recommended to Sandy by: Anne Kimbol

Ahhh, 2012 London and Queen Victoria is still reigning over the British Empire. Wait, what?!?!?!

That’s right. When the Plague hit in the 1800s, it killed humans, but it turned anyone with Aristocratic blood into an immortal – Goblin, Werewolf, or Vampire. Instead of dying in 1901, Queen Victoria just kept ruling over a kingdom of humans, immortals and half-bloods (part human, part immortal), including Xandra Vardan, Halvie and member of the Royal Guard, who protects the British Aristocracy. When her sister DeDe goes missing and days later commit suicide, Xandy, not totally convinced of her sister’s downward spiral choses to investigate only to discover a conspiracy so huge that it may change the world as she knows it.

Anne, the store manager at Murder by the Book recommended this title to me and it was well worth it. Locke was able to create an incredible with that felt as real to me as my own bedroom without a lot of extemporaneous explanation and description of how we got here. Also, if when I found myself confused at any point, there was a great glossary of terms in the back along with a medical history of plague that just made my experience so much richer.

Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys the supernatural, steam punk and Gail Carriger!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Save the Queen.

June 20, 2012 – Shelved