Kasey Cocoa's Reviews > Under Your Skin

Under Your Skin by Rose McClelland

liked it
bookshelves: crime-drama-police
Read 2 times. Last read August 29, 2020.

This missing person, drama, suspense, psychological thriller type story paints a bit more focus on the controlling, manipulative, and sometimes abusive husband. The overall plot is believable and is told through the eyes of multiple characters. Hannah is the most believable and someone easy to feel empathy towards. Even so, there are areas that did not click for me. As a huge fan of criminal stories, from CSI based to crime based police dramas, I just did not feel the police side of things was believable or provided much substance. I found myself confused about Julia and her motivations but at least she forged forward until she realized the truth. Several chapters felt like filler material as they had no bearing or relevance to the overall plot. Instead of these, additional time spent on certain areas would have worked out better. Even so, this story brings attention to an area that needs it. I did like the dialogue and that Rose decided not to smooth over or keep certain details watered down. Overall, it was not a terrible or boring read and would suit a wide range of readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under Your Skin.

Finished Reading