Tari's Reviews > A Curious Incident

A Curious Incident by Vicki Delany

bookshelves: netgalley

Who knew Gemma had it in her to be mothering type person for a girl who needed a mom right now? I thought she was pretty awesome and caring at how she took care of Lauren. The fact that Lauren was intelligent only added to it, because Gemma talked to her as if she was older, and it seemed like Lauren really enjoyed that. It was cute how Lauren took on Gemma's English accent and some of her manner of speaking the more she hung out with her.

To back up, Gemma volunteered to watch Lauren when her mom was suspected of killing her garden club rival and her aunt Irene, the town reporter was at a conference. I'm satisfied with the series in the relationship area too as Gemma and Ryan continued their dating life. Jayne and Andy had drawn closer which pleased Gemma to no end since she was always matchmaking them. I wasn't sure about the killer until the clues started coming together at the end. I always love how Gemma's Sherlock-like mind hones in on something and won't let it go until she's right.

The ending was super sweet, everything that wasn't already explained was wrapped up, and I really hope we get to see Miss Lauren again sometime in the series! She's really a cool kid!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Curious Incident.

August 28, 2020 – Shelved