Jess's Reviews > Bad Blood

2044922

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, reviewed

Originally posted at Find the Time to Read

I’ve heard many good things about L.A Banks and the various series that she has written. Reading the first few chapters I wanted to know what everyone was raving about. I found the characters to be flat, and the writing to be confusing. There was SO much information piled onto the reader that it was overwhelming. As the story progressed I started to like Sasha a little bit more, but for the life of me I couldn’t identify with her at all.

Towards the end of the book you get the romance that I personally was looking for. Hunter was a shady character from the start. I didn’t trust him and it kind of squicked me out how quickly it seemed that Sasha seemed to trust him, even though her inner dialogue kept saying that she didn’t, her actions totally betrayed her on that one. And then again you get an information overload. I think had the history of the Shadowwolves or whatever they were called been explained a little slower and not just dumped onto the reader it would have went over better. I also found it too continent that the one person Sasha does trust without any issue is involved with them. Like … I don’t know, it just didn’t make any sense to me.

Do I Recommend: If you’re into werewolves with attitudes than yes I do recommend. Other than that I can’t recommend this with a clear conscious. I will most likely read the rest of the series because I am curious about what is going to happen, but I most likely won’t push myself to finish if I get bored.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Blood.

June 20, 2012 – Started Reading