Sarah's Reviews > Little Lies

Little Lies by H. Hunting

bookshelves: 2020-arc-reads, favorites

This book has easily sailed to one of my TOP FAVES of 2020! H Hunting blew NA angst out of the water. I loved every character, every scene, every emotion this book evoked from me. Lavender Waters is my new favorite NA heroine and Kodiak Bowman owns my heart and soul.

OH THIS BOOK....I was not ready. I was not prepared for this story to take my heart for a ride. Both Lavender and Kody have a past, separately and together, that has shaped their present so deeply that you can't help but be consumed by their relationship from the start.

Lavender's past absolutely broke my heart, and I found myself cheering her on from the get-go. As a young adult, she has faced so much, and I couldn't help but be on #TeamLavender from the start!!! She is passionate and determined, yet guarded by so many around her. The way in which she faces her obstacles and goes after her dreams is admirable and inspirational. She's fierce, bold, independent, genuine and honest. I loved her relationship with not only Kody, but her mother, father and her brothers, especially River, and even her cousins! Every conversation, every issue she faced was heartfelt, raw and real. And when it came to her & Kody, I FELT everything she did and it was all-consuming and breathtaking all at once.

Kody...oh this guy. You want to dislike him for being such a jerk to Lavender for so many years; but as his story unfolds and you get to know the boy behind the man, your heart will break for him and you'll find yourself empathizing with his character, wanting to just steal him away and love him whole-heartedly. He exudes confidence when internally he is breaking apart; he's obsessive and passionate, yet his anxiety holds him back from the one thing he wants the most. My heart broke for him over and over, and I was SO happy when he finally broke and all his honest truths came pouring out.

The connection between Lavender and Kody is one I can honestly say I have never read before. It is deeper than NA romance. It is an epic story of young soulmates - these two fell in love before they even knew what love was. Their chemistry is on fire, and their connection is apparent to everyone around them. They have so many obstacles in their way, yet they find themselves back where they belong.

I loved both Lavender and Kody deeply, and I loved every other character introduced along the way. This 2nd generation from H Hunting has so many stories to tell, and I hope they all have their chance to tell them. I am not ready to for this world to end and hope it's just beginning! Well done H Hunting!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Lies.

August 27, 2020 – Shelved