Jamie (The Title Page)'s Reviews > Fade

Fade by Kailin Gow

Jun 19, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: abandoned

15% into this book and I gave up. It feels like I'm reading fanfiction, it really does.
The protagonist has no personality, there's barely any dialogue, I feel like I'm reading a movie script, or a Wikipedia plot overview.
And if someone rips you out of your life, only to have a military force come bursting to your rescue... why exactly would you go with the person who upended your life? And then to later shoot a random stranger with no hesitation to save this upender?
Yeah, not buying it.

I'm upset that I wasted money on this book (if you would call it that, I would consider it a novella)

And I can't respect an author that has over 100 published books within a few years. How about working on fixing the massive amounts of shit books that you have, instead of publishing anything that comes out of your head? Establish a base of GOOD books, then you can publish all the crap novellas you want. Until then, no respect. Anyone can do what you do.

Not to mention, if you check out the author's Goodreads account, she's rated almost all of her books 5 stars. I'm pretty sure I just threw up I'm so disgusted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fade.

07/05/2012

Monika I felt exactly the same way.