Maria's Reviews > Some Girls Bite

Jun 19, 2012

liked it
Read from July 08 to 11, 2012

6.5/10

I haven't read any vampire books in a while - I missed them! ;-) This one was very entertaining - not a "must read", but a very good beach read. The writing definitely feels YA (very quick easy read - about a 10th grade reading level) but the story is more "grown up" (she is 27 and a grad student after all...) - so it's hard to know who to recommend this to...I would say adults looking for a very easy read. There is some action (not a lot), but a lot of the book is "world building" setting up for the series. I like the characters, and there is some good sarcastic humor, and the romance has lots of good possibilities.
I kept thinking of this as a "grown up" Morganville Vampires, just not quite as good...since it's an adult book it should have MORE of everything I love about that series...more action, more romance, more sarcasm...but (for me) it actually pales in comparison. It helped scratch that paranormal itch, but didn't leave me begging for more.

Edited to add:
I forgot to mention - I LOVED the chapter titles - very funny (more so in the context of the book). A few of my favorites:

"Fangs mean never having to say your'e sorry"

"There's nothing wrong that Chunky Monkey can't fix"

"You can't trust a man who eats a hot dog with a fork"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Girls Bite.