Shanice Singh's Reviews > The Summoning

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

bookshelves: print-books

So I bought this book for R10 at Readers Warehouse Black Friday sale like three years ago. I didn't pick it up as I was still missing the remaining books.
I got the remaining books last March and still didn't start the series because I am a bad reader.
In honor of how much things have changed (and also because my brain keeps thinking we are still in March, thanks Corona) I finally started reading and all I can say is WOW!
Chloe's first period comes with the startling side effects of her seeing dead people. When she has a very public mental breakdown, screaming at ghosts in her high school, she is moved to a group home with other "ill" students.
However the more time that Chloe spends with her housemates, the more she starts to suspect that something sinister is going on.
It certainly doesn't help matters that even with her medication, ghosts are STILL trying to talk to her.
I loved the idea of a group home with magically gifted teenagers. It isn't something that I ever read before so I definitely enjoyed this book immensely.
Kinda sad that it was just sitting there on my shelf for so long and I missed finding this series sooner but that's the story of my life.
If you like paranormal fantasy, definitely give this a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summoning.

August 23, 2020 – Started Reading