Sam's Reviews > The Dead Girls Detective Agency

The Dead Girls Detective Agency by Suzy Cox

Jun 18, 2012

liked it

Review-Dead Girls Detective Agency
Dead Girls Detective Agency was… well for lack of a better word, weird. It was this story about a girl who was murdered and as a ghost she is going around and trying to find her killer. This in general would be a pretty good book if it was actually interesting to me. I don’t know what it has been lately, but I haven’t been interested in reading, and this one didn’t spark my curiosity. I could see the plot changes from a mile away and I wasn’t surprised in the least bit by them.
Cover:
The cover is pretty cute. I do like that they incorporate the girl, but she isn’t wearing her school unifrom, which she is stuck in for the rest of her life. Other than that I like the cover. It’s well done.
Plot/ Writing:
The book was well written, for the most part. The spelling and grammar was excellent, the character development was pretty good, but the plot was just subpar. There didn’t seem to be a lot of development going on to keep the story going she just seemed to be going through the story on how she thought the reader would want to see it as. I mean, that’s nice and all but I would want some unsuspected plot twists and random things going off at random intervals! Other than that, it was okay. It wasn’t exceptional but it was okay.

Characters:
Charlotte was just bleh to me. She didn’t seem to care about finding her murderer all that much, just about who her ex-boyfriend was with now that she, was dead. Too me, that was extremely shallow. When she did finally start caring, it was nice to see that side to her and watch as she solved her murder and become a better person for it. She didn’t really make any tough decisions at all in this book, the hardest one being which person to posses, but I did like Charlotte.
David was sweet when you saw him from Charlottes POV, until you saw him after she died. He turned into this kind of man whore, who I did not like one tiny bit! He sounded so sweet and caring and even at her funeral he was awesome, but I guess his true colors are soon released. Then there is Ed, who is the mysterious bad boy that no one really knows about. He is a mystery and Charolette is drawn to him. You don’t get to know much about Ed until the end, but the glimpses you see make him awesome!
All in All:
The Dead Girls Detective Agency was just an okay book. I didn’t fall in love with it, but I didn’t hate it. If I was in a more readingish mood I might’ve enjoyed it more, but since I’m not it was just an okay book. I am sorry if this came off as a rude review, I wasn’t aiming it that way it was just how everything felt for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Girls Detective Agency.

June 18, 2012 – Started Reading