Kyle's Reviews > League of Strays

League of Strays by L.B. Schulman

M 50x66
Jun 18, 2012

bookshelves: will-not-read

I do have a reason for why I will not be reading this book. It's more than just the author siding with stopthegrbullies.com.

Today, that site has labeled me a bully, and a bad person, and I view that as a personal attack on my character. All my life I've been told I'm ugly, fat (okay, I was a little chubby, but I lost weight! :P), worthless, suicidal, emo, disgusting, and would never be happy. Yes, I am the kind of person to lash out and fight back, and become sullen and quiet and give dark looks to the people who've hurt me.

Yes, I've made bad choices, done some hurtful things myself.

Yet I refuse to stand by and have my character attacked, since that is not in me.

So, I will not side with this author, nor support her.

Which I find kind of funny, since by the end of her earlier controversy on the Internet, I was on her side.

It's just a little ironic.

Just a little.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read League of Strays.

message 1: by Leanna (new)

Leanna awesome! how are you marking things "will not read"? :)

message 2: by Leanna (new)

Leanna NOT AWESOME- I wrote this at the same time you posted your explanation- I don't want you to think I was awesome-ing that. Just the fact that you can announce will-not-reads.

message 3: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle LOL, no worries! To make a shelf like that, you need to go to your profile, and go to My Books. On the sidebar where it list all your shelves to categorize books under, and next to where it says My Bookshelves, click on "edit" and then click on the button next to the shelf under "exclusive". That shelf will be what is shown such as Leanna marked League of Strays as will-not-read or Leanna marked League of Strays as did-not-finish, etc. and everything that isn't under exclusive will be one of the sub-shelves.

message 4: by Stella (new) - added it

Stella  ☢FAYZ☢ Chen I kind of find the site to be immature and in reality, those "bullies" are just voicing their honest opinion.

message 5: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Well, it's a very complex situation. The site says they don't like reviews where it goes like this:

"This author revealed personal info about a reviewer, and I refuse to support hypocritical bitches by giving them my money!"

Well, that's basically the review I wrote that got me on there. So it's not about an honest review, it's about bringing the author in and calling them names or whatever, which I rarely ever see it done.

Still the site is a very immature and inappropriate response.