Wisteriouswoman's Reviews > The Truth of the Matter

The Truth of the Matter by Andrew Klavan

F 50x66
Jun 18, 2012

There is a great deal of action and suspense in this book. But in addition there is a great deal of thought provoking material as well.

Even though I grew up as a peacenik in the 70's, I really appreciate getting a glimpse into a soldier's life and some of the things he might have to think about. Books should broaden your understanding of other people's point of view.

Charlie's struggles with good and evil, right and wrong, and learning to trust is something we all have to come to grips with. The book is inspiring in the way a good Sunday school teacher is.
I enjoyed reading about Charlie reaching out to a power greater than himself. There is never any mention of God being Jesus so there are lessons kids of other faiths can relate to.

'So I wasn't angry anymore. I wasn't bitter anymore. I wasn't in despair. What am I supposed to do now? wasn't much of a prayer, I guess. But God had answered it anyway, because that's what he's like. I knew now what I was supposed to do. I knew exactly.'

There are people in the book that believe in Charlie and help him along the way. Good people want to see Charlie complete his mission against all odds and so does the reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth of the Matter.