Ann's Reviews > The Titan's Curse

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

Oct 11, 2008

bookshelves: fantasy, mythology, young-adult, actionadventure

I thoroughly enjoyed this third installment in the Percy Jackson series! "The Titan's Curse" introduces us to many new characters and we really seem to learn "where the series is going." By the end, Percy's future seems fairly laid out.

While I admit that I'm not as much a fan of the Percy books as many, I did find myself pretty wrapped up in the story (especially towards the end) and a little sorry when it was over. Riordan did keep me guessing, and I was surprised at a few of the outcomes of this adventure.

Definitely the Percy books are fast reads! I really do think there is an adventure in 90% of the chapters (if not all of them...), but they seem important, and each progresses either the story line or the characters' developments.

I'm anxious to read the next installment, and, as always, I appreciate Riordan's ability to weave in mythology in such an entertaining way!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Titan's Curse.

October 11, 2008 – Shelved
October 30, 2009 – Started Reading
October 30, 2009 –
page 16
5.13% "Read chp 1 while waiting for Mom at the dentist ;D Took me a sec to recall where bk 2 ended, but after I quickly got back into the story."
November 2, 2009 –
December 7, 2009 –
page 170
April 6, 2010 –
page 225
72.12% "Thanks to another airline flight, got in a quite a bit more reading."
April 9, 2010 –
page 250
80.13% "I do believe there's an adventure in every chapter ;->"
April 10, 2010 – Shelved as: fantasy
April 10, 2010 – Shelved as: mythology
April 10, 2010 – Shelved as: young-adult
April 10, 2010 – Shelved as: actionadventure
April 10, 2010 – Finished Reading

message 1: by X (new)

X I'm glad this was good! :)

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Yeah, me too!

message 3: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan Swainson I felt the same way at the end of this book. I don't really like to read so at the end of the book I was like, "ugh finally it’s over", but at the same time I didn't want it to end. It was a thrilling and just period… a great book. It's interesting(I think) to all ages that read it and it's educational and has its funny moments. I would highly recommend this book to all of my friends. But I must admit after the book, Sea of Monsters, I became a Percy book fan. This is an awesome book and I loved it.