Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)'s Reviews > Everything Left Unsaid

Everything Left Unsaid by Jessica Davidson

Jun 18, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, review-copy, arc, owned-and-read, contemporary

Where have you been hiding Jessica Davidson? This is such an emotionally draining book, after finishing it I couldn't stop thinking about it, I suggest a box full of tissues and a place where you can bawl your eyes out alone!
Which to me is the sign of a fantastic storyteller.
This is the most depressingly, wonderful book I've ever read, it sent me on a roller-coaster of emotions, it was heartbreaking and sent me barreling towards the inevitable ending that you knew would happen but at the same time hoped it wouldn't.
The last half of this book had me in tears and I had to escape to the solitude of my room, because this book is so overwhelming, I just wanted to sit and reflect on the brilliance of this novel, I felt like I'd lost a friend once it was over.
Juliet and Tai have been best friends since the first day of Kindergarten, now that they are both in Year Twelve they have finally admitted their feelings for each other, and after finally becoming a couple Tai finds out that he is dying from a brain tumor with only a year left to live.
Told in alternating perspectives we get both sides, Tai having to deal with the fact that he won't get to do all of the things that he dreamed of doing after high school and Juliet who's faced with reality that she will lose her boyfriend and best friend.
And with Tai faced with the decisions on whether he wants to die at home or a hospital, or if he wants to be buried or cremated just made this so hard to get through without a steady stream of tears running down my face, and having him sit by and watch everybody else's lives carrying on around him knowing he won't get to do any of those things is heartbreaking.
Amidst all the tragedy is a fantastic book which everybody needs to read, this is real life, it's not going to end with a couple looking forward to their future together, but instead how a girl is having to carry on without the person she expected to spend her life with.
One of my favourite contemporary's of all time, I'm so glad I read this book.
I give this 5/5.
A Big Thanks To Pan Macmillan Australia.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything Left Unsaid.

June 18, 2012 – Shelved
June 23, 2012 – Shelved as: young-adult
June 23, 2012 – Shelved as: review-copy
June 23, 2012 – Shelved as: arc
July 12, 2012 – Started Reading
page 23
page 105
page 105
34.88% "I'm already tearing up, I'm going to end up a mess!"
July 13, 2012 –