Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)'s Reviews > Falling Kingdoms

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Jun 17, 2012

Read from June 17 to 18, 2012

This book is amazing! I really don't know what to say besides that this book deserves as much hype as possible. It's written so well and the story is unbelievably good. It will leave you with so many emotions, good and bad, that once you're done reading it, I promise you that you will close the book, sigh, and think wow.

The story follows three kingdoms. You get a sneak peek of what it is like for the people living in each one. Each chapter is from the point of view of one of the characters. It starts off from Cleo’s point of view and her two friends. They are off to buy some good wine to bring back with them. While there, things quickly get out of hand and one little mistake changes the lives of all three kingdoms. Lives are lost, love is discovered and revealed, friends become enemies, enemies become friends, and some characters are not what they seem at all. I was turning pages fast and even found myself reading ahead at times. I just couldn't believe what was happening and the suspense was killing me.

Morgan Rhodes took me by surprise with every page. She has created such a believable world that you can easily picture vividly in your head. Her descriptions were on point, everything flowed together perfectly, and she entwined every characters life with the other perfectly. There is NOTHING I can find wrong with this book. The writing, the world building, characters, action, it was just all amazingly done. I found myself entertained and wanting to scream don’t end!

This is a book that I promise you will love from beginning to end. You will not find another like it. And if you do, please let me know! After reading Falling Kingdoms, I am on the hunt for another book just as good. I know I’ve said this about fifty times, but it’s just so, so, so, AMAZING! No complaints on my end. Not one. I loved every single minute of it.

I got the chance to read an advance copy, and to be honest, I wish I hadn’t because now the wait for the second in the series is even longer. I guess I will just have to re-read it over and over again until the sequel.

10 out of 5 stars! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Kingdoms.

06/17/2012 page 5
06/17/2012 page 114
28.0% "Wow... These characters are pretty ruthless! I love it!"
06/17/2012 page 244