Elise Smith's Reviews > How I Changed My Mind about Women in Leadership: Compelling Stories from Prominent Evangelicals

How I Changed My Mind about Women in Leadership by Alan F. Johnson

liked it

Wow, I know a lot of people who need to read this book! For me personally, it gave me some hope that there are some evangelical churches out there that are more accepting and sympathetic to women in leadership. It would be great if this were required reading for male church leaders.

Simply put, the book is over 20 evangelical thinkers writing on exactly what the title describes. Many of the authors make the same essential argument, so it can be a bit redundant at times. However, the personal stories give it context that allow others who are in the process of changing their minds to relate. It also approaches the issue in a very humble, "trying not to offend" way, which is wonderful and very Christian (unfortunately this is often the opposite of what I have experienced from the other side).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How I Changed My Mind about Women in Leadership.

June 17, 2012 – Started Reading