Mary Anne's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

bookshelves: jk-rowling, fiction

I should probably review this book before moving on to the next one! This is my second time reading it.

A lot of people I've spoken with mark this book as the best of the series (at least before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came out, and I think it's safe to assume that the release of that book didn't change matters much, if at all). I'm not sure if it's my favorite. Maybe it's because I loved getting sucked into the magic of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerers's Stone.

But if people were upset with whiny Harry in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (I wasn't one of them), I hope this book left a better taste in their mouths. (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Quotes Mary Anne Liked

J.K. Rowling
“It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world.”

J.K. Rowling
“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”

J.K. Rowling
“Sometimes you remind me a lot of James. He called it my 'furry little problem' in company. Many people were under the impression that I owned a badly behaved rabbit.”

J.K. Rowling
“The thing about growing up with Fred and George," said Ginny thoughtfully, "is that you sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.”
J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

June 23, 2012 –
page 218
June 25, 2012 –
page 258
38.39% "I love Harry Potter. The end."
June 27, 2012 –