Jasmine's Reviews > Wrong Number, Right Woman

Wrong Number, Right Woman by Jae

Denny works at a grocery store in Portland and lives with her sister and her sister’s daughter. She’s shy and not entirely comfortable with flirting. When she receives a wrong-number text from a mystery woman and the conversation and flirting starts to flow it surprises her in every way. Eliza, thinking she’s texting her friend Heather, sends a first date panic text to a wrong number. Conversation comes easily between her and the mystery person, and it turns out to be a happy mistake. Eliza and Denny soon talk all the time, and when they meet in person, the connection is magnified. Eliza has always dated men, but her feelings towards Denny are getting harder and harder to deny. Can there be a future for this unlikely pair?

I adored this book so very much. I devoured it in an afternoon and couldn’t put it down. It was so refreshing to read about such very real women with real bodies and real insecurities. Although the two women didn’t meet for a while in the beginning, and their conversations were mostly via text, Jae created such a fabulous and intense connection between them. They really got to know each other well, become a part of each other’s lives, and mount chemistry and tension between them in a masterful way. I was giddy the first time they talked on the phone and when they met for the first time. There were so many laugh out loud moments and actual squealing out loud moments as well because of how sweet their slow-burn romance was. The connection between Denny and Eliza was so very real and tangible and it just sizzled off the page. All of the secondary characters, Eliza and Denny’s family and friends, in this book added so much warmth to the story and really helped to show all of the beautiful facets of Denny and Eliza’s characters. This book also become a walking, talking advertisement for Portland and it’s jumped to the top of my list of places to visit - the food and atmosphere sound amazing and I really hope Yolko Ono is a real thing! This is easily one of my favourite books by Jae, I know I’ll be re-reading this book many times in the future as it’s the perfect heartwarming romance.

I also always love that Jae’s books being all connected so that we get little glimpses of other character from other stories. We get to check in on them and see how they are doing…Of course, it most often gets me inspired to go back and read the cameo’s story, which of course is also connected to another story, and suddenly I’ve read Jae’s entire catalogue again! Looking forward to the next book by this author, as always, which will send me on this journey again.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrong Number, Right Woman.

Finished Reading
August 18, 2020 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Lex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lex Kent Fantastic review and I could not agree with you more:)