Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson's Reviews > Fearless

Fearless by Tawdra Kandle

Jun 17, 2012

Read from June 17 to 21, 2012 — I own a copy

Tasmyn is starting yet another first day at yet another new school. Her whole life she has been able to hear what others are thinking and has had to learn to block them out. Unfortunately she ends up hearing something about a blood sacrifice and it totally creeps her out. But not even a full day in and she has already made an enemy with one of the most popular girls in school, and the earlier creepy thought gets pushed to the back of her mind. Thankfully one of the most gorgeous guys in school comes to her rescue...and he seems interested in her. Not one for talking to guys, Tasmyn is not sure what to think. Feeling a pull towards him too, Tasmyn is not sure how long she will be able to keep her 'talent' secret. And with things getting weirder in her small town, keeping her talent secret is getting harder by the second.

Kandle wrote a very convincing love story between 2 teens. Yes it’s a love at first sight romance, but I love her whole take on it; with it being something of a family affair. I don’t want to give that part away, but it’s really sweet and very romantic.

I absolutely loved the storyline…what’s better than a girl who can hear other people's thoughts and ends up turning using that gift for the greater good? With things going crazy in the small town of King, Tasmyn has her work cut out for herself. But thanks to some great characters, Tasmyn is not alone in the fight.

The only problem I had, which is just a personal issue mind you, is the use of witchcraft. I am not hugely fond of witchcraft stories, but with that said, I enjoyed it and how it all ended. And really it wasn't satanic at all in nature, so it didn't turn me off at all. I am still looking forward to more of the series and more of Kandle’s writing.

Fearless is the start of a great series that is perfect for any YA reader. It’s clean and simply romantic. I enjoyed it and hope you will take the time to read it too.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless.

06/18/2012