Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Hidden Death

Hidden Death by Jo Webnar

Jun 17, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary, non-erotic, suspense-mystery
Read in May, 2012

Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

You never know how bad a person can be until you witness it firsthand.

I love to watch the crime shows on television. There's something exciting about trying to figure out who did it and why. I thought they'd hit the high note for crime stories. I was wrong. Ms. Webnar's book hooked me from page one and didn't let go. The writing flowed well. The more pages I turned, the more I wanted to know what would happened next.

I liked that even though this was a crime book, complete with a nasty villain, the violence wasn't graphic. Readers who want suspense without gore will appreciate this book. I also enjoyed the attention to detail. I felt like I was right there in the Florida Keys while I read the book. Kudos to Ms. Webnar for her research on the area. I do have to mention this point: with some books, it's easy to figure out who did it. Not this book! Ms. Webnar kept me on the edge of my seat, not sure who was the bad guy and needing to find out. Loved it.

I did enjoy the sparing between Chad and Merri. They don't want to be together and yet, I felt their mutual attraction. Ms. Webnar built the tension between them well. Both are great characters and I cheered them on, hoping they'd get their happily ever after. I wasn't disappointed.

If you're looking for a good mystery with a twist of romance, this book just might be what you're wanting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Death.