Alex is The Romance Fox's Reviews > Country Mouse

Country Mouse by Amy Lane

Jun 16, 2012

bookshelves: erotic-romance, favorites-books, m-m, short-stories-novellas
Read in June, 2012 , read count: 1

This was such an amazing story and I never wanted it to end. It’s like the fairy tale you dream about meeting someone you is meant for you. It’s more than just a tale of two people having a one night stand with some great sex and a bit of light bdsm thrown in. Country Mouse by Amy Lane (this is my first of hers) and Aleksandr Voinov (who has crashed his way into my reading world with his amazing way with words) where two people were meant to meet each other and finding someone who understands the light and darkness in you. About thinking you are in a place where you know exactly what you want until something so unexpected comes your way and changes you forever.

Owen is an American backpacking through Europe with his ex-girlfriend. He’s laid back, gentle and a kind soul, who meets stiff and upper lip Malcolm, an English trader by day who has been stood up by yet another faceless one night stander and sees himself as someone who is always and wants to be in total control, feels an incredible connection and agrees to go with Malcolm for some good sex and bondage.

The chemistry between the two is so palpable that you just know it’s not going to be just one night for both of them. The sex scenes are sexy - , I loved this scene - “Look at me,” Owen whispered. “Look at me until you can’t anymore.”, hot with a bit of spanking, never sordid, cruel or selfish but it’s the emotional connection you feel between them. Suddenly with this person who discovers that you are more than what you believed of yourself. Owen brings out something in Malcolm that he has missed in his life – friendship, kindness, gentleness, acceptance and so much more that he has been missing in his life. The one night turns into a weekend and it’s great to see their interaction with each other and the banter between them – loved it.

My favourite: Malcolm chuckled wickedly. "You, my American friend, are like a hidden landmine of sex appeal. I'm going to have to look out for you."
"Too late." Owen raised his face to the unfamiliar smells, breezes, sounds of the city, enjoying them even more now that he knew something of it and it had become personal to him. "I've already exploded. You're caught."

For such a short book, the authors still managed to write a heart-warming, fast paced and complex story filled with incredible and lovable characters, hot and so very sexy sex….I could have carried on reading and reading.

This is a good book- I loved everything about it…of course you know that already by my comments…but really, the setting (I love London), the characters, the sex, even the kinky ones, and the ENDING……..unexpected and so lovely.

Anyone who loves a feel-good read …Country Mouse is it!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Country Mouse.

Cindi Good choice, Alex. You will LOVE this book. I did.

Karla Great review...I love Amy Lane's writing!

Alex is The Romance Fox This was one of my first m/m books I read. I really loved it and it was also the time I discovered Aleksandr Voinov, who is one of my favourite authors. I have some Amy Lane's books on my TBR list and can't wait.

message 4: by Charlinda (new) - added it

Charlinda Jenkins I bought this when it was on sale Valentines day, but I'm going wait and read it when it gets closer to the sequel's release. Your awesome review is not helping my waiting lol.

Alex is The Romance Fox There's a sequel???? Wow I didn't know this. Can't wait.

message 6: by Charlinda (new) - added it

Charlinda Jenkins lol Yeah it's called City Mouse and I think it'll be out in March

Alex is The Romance Fox Just checked it out...thx charlinda. I am so excited...can't wait to read it