Fanna's Reviews > These Violent Delights

These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong

72205668
September 19, 2020: Finished this and I AM DED AT THE END; I need the next book, there has to be a next book, tell me there's a next book.

💓 rival-but-lovers yearning
☠️ mystery around a contagious disease
⚔️ mid-late 1920s colonial & political history of China

Full review to come very soon.

September 01, 2020: BYE WORLD, I HAVE BEEN BLESSED. I can finally read an eARC and I can finally experience the sheer amazingness of this book that has made every reader I trust go AHHHH. Buddy read with the best, Rameela!

August 15, 2020: there's nothing more i want than to read this book. everyone start praying for me because i want an early copy like RIGHT NOW

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Violent Delights.

August 14, 2020 – Shelved
August 14, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
August 14, 2020 – Shelved as: 2020-releases
September 1, 2020 – Shelved as: definitive-tbr
September 2, 2020 – Started Reading
September 3, 2020 –
12.0% "It has already been established that there's some angry past between Juliette and Roma, and what else DO I NEED other than two people who have or had feelings for each other be divided by rivalry?"
September 3, 2020 –
16.0% "Roma is such a soft boi."
September 5, 2020 –
23.0% "Juliette does say "I don't hate the White Flowers," and I am a WHITE FLOWER soooo I would like to conclude: babe loves me."
September 7, 2020 –
34.0% "Then the White Flowers would be victorious. And the Scarlets would suffer.

Exactly what my white flower heart WANTS."
September 8, 2020 –
41.0% "I think I've already appreciated Juliette and Roma, so let me tell you what more is amazing about this book: the Chinese history around late 1920s being incorporated so well, and all the middle fingers Juliette shows to the colonisers in her mind."
September 11, 2020 –
50.0% "Roma might be all gangster, dangerous, and a rival to Juliette but when he really needs to talk to her, urgently at that, guess what he does to meet her? The most typical thing that made me blush despite being a cliche because THESE TWO ARE JUST-"
September 13, 2020 –
65.0% ""Untie your coat and embrace me."

EMBRACE is a word only Roma would use."
September 17, 2020 –
71.0% "I am a little scared for Roma if I attempt to draw any parallels from the classic this is loosely inspired by, so someone hold me tight."
September 19, 2020 –
84.0% "I'm going all excited over how the history + contagious madness + yearning over the years is playing out."
September 19, 2020 –
100.0% "Me & Rameela finished reading last night and this screenshot basically sums up everything.

"
September 28, 2020 – Shelved as: suspense-undertone
September 28, 2020 – Shelved as: to-review-asap
September 28, 2020 – Shelved as: wishlist
September 28, 2020 – Shelved as: young-adult-fiction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Simon (new)

Simon Cox Nice review Fanna!

message 2: by Brigid (new) - added it

Brigid OMG "rival-but-lovers yearning" THAT IS A ME TROPE.

USOM YES WE LOVE