Heather's Reviews > The Watcher

The Watcher by Kate Medina

I always choose the worst possible times to read books for example The Watcher I decided to read on my kindle in the dark whilst a massive electrical storm clashed and banged its way overhead, possibly not the sort of environment for a happy sleep but actually it was the perfect environment as this book was quite frankly creepy as anything and the fact I couldn’t sleep was credit to this books disturbing atmosphere.

Starting with a double murder, The Watcher finds a wealthy husband and wife brutally slain in their home, DI Bobby “Marilyn” Simmons is tasked with finding the killer and he enlists psychologist Dr Jessie Flynn to help.

Now I don’t want to say too much about the plot because I think if I give too much away it’ll spoil it as there are scenes in the book which you need to be fully invested in without knowing what’s about to happen. You need to be frightened! But I will say the main characters Jessie and Marilyn are a great pairing, the grumpy cop, the young doctor, each with their own problems teaming up to solve the case works really well.

The Watcher kept me guessing, I literally had no idea until the very last minute who was going to be the culprit. The atmosphere it chilling too, a country setting, remote houses, small communities, nobody for miles, anybody could be watching and you’d never know it.

A chilling read with some good twists.

Thanks to Net Galley for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Watcher.

August 13, 2020 – Started Reading