Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Brood of Bones

Brood of Bones by A.E. Marling

Weird O_O pregnant women freak me out. But it's an interesting book, you should give it a try.

Free today*, 13th May 2013, on Amazon. Get it here.

*might still be free after this date - give it a try and see

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brood of Bones.

June 16, 2012 – Shelved
June 16, 2012 – Shelved as: freebiez
August 7, 2012 – Shelved as: epic-fantasies
April 27, 2013 – Shelved as: soon
May 24, 2013 – Started Reading
May 25, 2013 –
15.0% "This is so weird O_O"
May 30, 2013 –
100.0% "And I am done."
May 30, 2013 – Shelved as: fantasy-something
May 30, 2013 – Finished Reading
May 31, 2013 – Shelved as: weird-shit-is-weird
August 30, 2013 – Shelved as: meh-just-ok

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen I am reading this now and liking it very much :)

Anzu The Great Destroyer That's great news! I'll make it a priority :D

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Great lol,I started reading it with very low expectations.

But... (dont faint now) it might even get a 4 or even 5 star rating .

Will try to make a review of it when I recover from this darn cold I have :/ wich is also the reason I have time to read more :)

Anzu The Great Destroyer *faints*

4 or 5 stars from Kagama!

*faints again*

I'm really glad you loved it. And it's a freebie! Wth?

Kagama-the Literaturevixen I dont believe it is. I had to pay for it anyways :/

But definetely worth it. :)

Anzu The Great Destroyer I got it for free from Amazon via a daily free Kindle offer website. I was going to delete the book but the cover was too good lol. Do you want the website I got it from?

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Yes please :) The cover is very cool I agree.

I added this book way back thinking it was a "maybe I will read it some day" Then I was reminded of it by you adding it lol.

Anzu The Great Destroyer This is the website:

You can also subscribe to their newsletter, they send a selection of books daily ;)

message 10: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Welcome :D

Use it wisely (unlike me who downloaded half of the books there).

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Should I stage an intervention? lol

message 12: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer I think so, yes :))

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Its still free... on smashwords too :)

message 14: by archdandy (new) - added it

archdandy It's not free anymore :( It's too bad because it sounds interesting.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen archdandy wrote: "It's not free anymore :( It's too bad because it sounds interesting."

Thats strange both amazon and smashwords has it as free to me :/

message 16: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer It's appearing free here as well. Try changing your location, maybe it'll work.

message 17: by archdandy (new) - added it

archdandy Hmpf. I checked Amazon.com instead of .ca and it still shows as $0.99 for the kindle version. I guess Amazon just doesn't want me reading this book.

message 18: by archdandy (new) - added it

archdandy I've never been on smashwords, maybe I'll check it out.

message 19: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Smashworks has lots of freebiez as well. It's a pretty decent site.

message 20: by Navessa (new)

Navessa How's this going Anzu? Readable? The author just PM'd me asking if I'd read an ARC of his next book and I'm curious but nervous because I think it might be too far out for me : /

An Odd1 http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Brood-...

epub still free at Kobo (Kindle "free" seems to mean free delivery, via internet is redundant term)

Luxurious rich cover heroine - cannot remember how to spell her name. Dedication to those with official "sleep disorders" could apply to a whole host, including myself who suffer overwhelming exhaustion from other causes (ironically? pregnancy).

Never pregnant, I expected to dislike the subject, but became rapidly engaged by the plot, phrasing such as "sweat running down my back like a millipede with a thousand tickling feet". Thanks for Brood of Bones.

message 22: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer It's not bad but not as great as I would wish it to be.

message 23: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Jun 03, 2013 06:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kagama-the Literaturevixen I was really afraid you would find it a 1 -minus star read. But "not bad" is good enough :)

message 24: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Jun 03, 2013 06:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Litchick wrote: "How's this going Anzu? Readable? The author just PM'd me asking if I'd read an ARC of his next book and I'm curious but nervous because I think it might be too far out for me : /"

I wish I could read that arc Litchick.

It is a far out bookseries but once you get into it all makes sense. I love it :)

But then I am a strange one myself lol

message 25: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Litchick wrote: "How's this going Anzu? Readable? The author just PM'd me asking if I'd read an ARC of his next book and I'm curious but nervous because I think it might be too far out for me : /"
..."

Again, I didn't hate it but I kind of see why you liked it. It was the MC, no? ;)

message 26: by Navessa (new)

Navessa @ Kagama: I'm a little strange myself, though I try to hide it, lol. I'll check it out.

message 27: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela >_<

An Odd1 "Strange" can be better than "good". To be flaunted, not hidden. Smile-OL.

message 29: by Navessa (new)

Navessa Agreed. I was being facetious ;)

An Odd1 Agreed all-round. I think that is what I was trying for with the "Smile-out-loud" too?

message 31: by Navessa (new)

Navessa LOL, gotcha.

message 32: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Jun 10, 2013 11:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Anzu wrote: "Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Litchick wrote: "How's this going Anzu? Readable? The author just PM'd me asking if I'd read an ARC of his next book and I'm curious but nervous because I think i..."

It was the MC it was the magic it was the storytelling :)

((though I do love Hiresha a lot <3 and of course Tethiel is awewsome too)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Litchick wrote: "@ Kagama: I'm a little strange myself, though I try to hide it, lol. I'll check it out."

LOL well I hope you find it a good read then.I need people to share in my obsession about this book. ;)

I might be reaching here but I was reminded of books like Warbreaker and The Darkangel trilogy when reading it. An almost too fantastical world but you cant help believing it could exist.

message 34: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Anzu wrote: "Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Litchick wrote: "How's this going Anzu? Readable? The author just PM'd me asking if I'd read an ARC of his next book and I'm curious but nervous beca..."

I feel a bit sad about not loving it. I blame my mood.