Amanda Leon's Reviews > Beneath the Glitter

Beneath the Glitter by Elle Fowler

did not like it
bookshelves: realistic-fiction, autobiography, contemporary, cutesy-ya, mystery, romance

What an original novel *eyeroll* It's basically their lives fictionalized. Nothing really irritates me more than that. If you don't have a original idea, don't write a book about yourself and what you wish your life to be or what seems "cute" and "fun." As much as I enjoy both Elle and Blair's channels, this is a stupid attempt at being authors and making money. They're not authors, just bored, oblivious 20 year olds.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beneath the Glitter.

Finished Reading
June 16, 2012 – Shelved
June 16, 2012 – Shelved as: realistic-fiction
June 16, 2012 – Shelved as: contemporary
June 16, 2012 – Shelved as: cutesy-ya
June 16, 2012 – Shelved as: mystery
June 16, 2012 – Shelved as: autobiography
June 16, 2012 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Ashley16 (new)

Ashley16 That may be so but you have not read the book as yet. Wait until it comes out before you make a comment like that dear. Ever heard the saying don't judge a book by it's cover? Gosh! people are so mean these days.

Marie I agree, as much as I love Elle and Blair's channels it does feel like an attempt at making more money. They just announced a makeup line a few months ago and now a book?

I will still read it because I am curious but it does seem a lot like their own lives...

Amanda Leon I'm super curious about their makeup line. It looks like it has the potential to be REALLY good.

Dara Haha. What was the point in this comment? The book hasn't even come out yet so you are just making assumptions.

Strawberri Yeah, it just sounds like they are trying to find another way to make money. The book concept doesnt feel very original...it sounds very similar to themselves.

Strawberri And their makeup line is already starting out soooo expensive. If thry had the reputation of Channel or MAC then I could understand it a little bit more-but I still wouldnt buy anything because of the costs.

Marie Nicole wrote: "And their makeup line is already starting out soooo expensive. If thry had the reputation of Channel or MAC then I could understand it a little bit more-but I still wouldnt buy anything because of ..."

Is their makeup line posted already? I have yet to see this!

message 8: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen You haven't even read it yet.. :/ And Elle is super into reading! I think it has a lot of potential. (: Don't knock it till ya try it!

Kelsey just cause elle reads a lot doesn't mean she's a good writer. But I'm sure her ghost writers did a decent job its the fact that this is completely unoriginal and the only motivation for this book was more fame and more money...Greedy.

Kelsey and I agree nicole. Why would they make there make up that expensive when they have no reputation and its not like the colors are original or that its made with better ingredients were it might be worth the extra money.

Strawberri Kelsey wrote: "and I agree nicole. Why would they make there make up that expensive when they have no reputation and its not like the colors are original or that its made with better ingredients were it might be ..."

Thanks! I know what you mean, too: if the makeup was organic or hypoallergenic like some newer trending brands...I could understand it a bit more with the costs...and yet I probably still wouldn't buy their makeup because of the price.