Funmbi 's Reviews > Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights

Doms of Dark Haven 2 by Sierra Cartwright

Jun 15, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-erotica, 2012

** spoiler alert ** So, like the first Doms of Dark Haven anthology, I've only read Cherise SInclair's contribution "Welcome to the Dark Side," so my review is likely to change once I've read the rest.

With that said, I LOVE this story! As soon as I finished Master of the Abyss, in my review, I begged for a Virgil story. And how lucky was I to find out Sinclair has already written it!

What I enjoy most is that this story is a continuation of her contribution in the first Doms of Dark Haven, incorporating Summer. But it's also a continuation of Master of the Abyss: we get to see Logan and Becca married and expecting a baby, and Jake and Kallie are already married too.

I really love Virgil's character in Jake/Kallie's story, so I'm really happy to learn more about him. It's great to watch him grapple with being a dom vs. his expectations of leading a "normal" life as a police officer. One of my fave lines is when Virgil says he never wants to force a woman into anything, even into pleasure. Despite everything, Virgil maintains his honesty, uprightness, and his desire to care for those he loves.

And I love learning more about Summer. Her journey to overcome the abuse she suffers from a previous dom, to open herself to the lifestyle again, is quite compelling. Her relationship with Virgil is HOTTTTTTTTT, every single interaction sizzles.

I think the ending is a bit abrupt, but since it's a novella in a larger anthology, I understand that things can't go on for too long. But I am glad all our fave characters from the mountains will get to live their BDSM, happily ever after together in Bear Flat.

I definitely recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doms of Dark Haven 2.