Loryn's Reviews > The Sky Is Everywhere

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

This book was incredibly sweet and endearing. I finished the last 150 pages on a plane ride, and I was really disappointed that it ended so quickly! Firstly, the novel itself was stunning - I hope that those who chose to read this actually have a hard copy, because the photos with Lennie's poems on them are done justice in hard copy form. They're absolutely beautiful and my heart broke for her over and over again throughout her story. I don't know if I am at a particular point in my life where I am exceptionally close to my sister or not but reading this whole novel centered on Lennie's sister dying abruptly and the aftermath and effects of her death resonate. Of course I can't relate but if I were to put myself in that situation, I can see myself reacting so similarly to Lennie. Yet at the same time it was a beautiful coming-of-age story how Lennie, her grandma, and her uncle were able to conceal themselves in grief over Bailey's death, and how they transitioned to blossoming through the mud that was their lives. Of course you add the love triangle portion and it becomes a tad more interesting, but it wasn't the best part. Overall, I really enjoyed this story and I think Nelson is a fantastic writer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sky Is Everywhere.

June 15, 2012 – Shelved
May 15, 2014 – Started Reading
May 15, 2014 –
page 62
21.53% "I am hooked. This book is written so beautifully."
June 2, 2014 – Finished Reading