Rick's Reviews > Gracenomics: Unleash the Power of Second Chance Living

Gracenomics by Mike  Foster

Jun 15, 2012

did not like it

I'm sure the author means well, but going on and on about grace without mentioning the author of grace, Christ, is meaningless. It becomes just another self-help volume and offers no hope for life change.

I'm sure Mike Foster has seen his share of gaffs by the Christian community. I have, too, and I've been the instigator as well. But without knowing where life-changing grace comes from, I'm just trying to keep a set of laws, which is what grace from God through Jesus frees us from.

I was excited when I saw the trailer. I thought I might like to use this series for our small group meeting. I bought the Kindle version and started reading.I heard someone say once if you're talking about salvation/ grace you better get to Jesus in the first couple minutes. This doesn't, at all.

Maybe that's not Mike Foster's point. If that's the case. good on him. Join hands and let's sing We Are the World, cause that's where this is headed.

Save your money. Read the gospels. Call your mom and tell her you're glad for all she's done for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gracenomics.