Maria's Reviews > Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Jun 14, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary, netgalley, ya, harlequin

I didn't like Pushing the Limits.

*****

Feels like Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire without the codependency issue. Same brand of corniness for the second part of the book. Same bad boy turned mushy scmuck. Ugh.

First half: Swooon. Second half: Never mind. Okay, okay. it was downright corny. Crap, where was the Noah that made me tingle in the first half? Gone, i tell you. Gone.

Halfway through, I am in love, until Noah opened his mouth and said,
I'd fill her up and make her realize she'd always be empty without me.

Say the word, baby, and I'll rock your world.

Look at me, baby. I know you love me. Three nights ago you were willing to offer everything to me.
Wouldn't you know, he's a cocky little sh*t who's so full of himself! Echo needs this arrogant jerk?!!! Grrr! *maniacally tears at my hair*

I really liked Ms. Collins. Such devotion and determination to help troubled teens like Echo and Noah is very touching. I also liked how McGarry weaved their drama. But the sleazy lines, yuck. They killed the romance for me. And Echo's mom? When she recovered and still did nothing to appease Echo's questions? i hate her.

If you are into sexy contemporary romance, then Pushing the Limits will appeal to you. It might remind you of Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles and Forget You by Jennifer Echols, BUT the reminder is nothing but a hoarse whisper.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Limits.

June 14, 2012 – Shelved
June 14, 2012 – Shelved as: contemporary
June 14, 2012 – Shelved as: netgalley
June 14, 2012 – Shelved as: ya
July 31, 2012 – Started Reading
July 31, 2012 –
50.0% "*fans myself* Noah!"
August 1, 2012 –
100.0% "from sexy to corny. :/"
August 1, 2012 – Shelved as: harlequin
August 1, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Alona (new)

Alona Hmm... Nacurious tuloy ako.

Wendy Darling Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of this one, either. The author seems really sweet, though (met her at ALA). I feel bad I didn't like this more, especially since everyone else looooves it.

Maria Alona wrote: "Hmm... Nacurious tuloy ako."

Gora na, Alona. :) Better yet, (view spoiler).

Maria Wendy Darling wrote: "Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of this one, either. The author seems really sweet, though (met her at ALA). I feel bad I didn't like this more, especially since everyone else looooves it."

ikr. could've passed it as a 3, but... i have too many issues with it. thanks, Wendy :)