Ruthsic's Reviews > The Demon Prince of Momochi House, Vol. 9

The Demon Prince of Momochi House, Vol. 9 by Aya Shouoto

7220682

bookshelves: 2020rc-btb, 2020rc-seriestf, contemporary, fantasy, manga-graphicnovel, romance, translated, young-adult

Aoi's family arc gets closure in this volume, as we see how the 'Aoi' of his family was created. The theme emerging in this series is about the co-existence of ayakashi alongside humans, instead of the former disappearing from the neglect of the latter, and this book nails that well. Aoi's life with his family was difficult, and you can't really blame him for forgetting that past, but it is also about him letting go of it, and overcoming it. Himari having brought back his memories at the cost of her own treasure box was pretty much expected since she loves him, but Yukari helps her recover some of it by telling her a bit about her family's history that they found at Momochi House. While it doesn't exactly give the whole picture, it gives us enough clues, and more insight into Aoi's bonds to the house, and why he, as a child, took it upon himself to be the Nue. Later, we get sweet moments between them when she organizes a welcome back (since he can now transform back to his human form) party where they have a feast, plus some special fireworks! Himari's pledge to free him from the house becomes stronger and while I still can't get where Kasha fits in all this, I can't wait to see where this story takes us!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon Prince of Momochi House, Vol. 9.

August 6, 2020 – Started Reading