Nobonita's Reviews > Glitch

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

Jun 14, 2012

liked it
Read from June 14 to 15, 2012

Review also posted at my blog: http://perrytheplatypus1102-3daydream...

UGGH!!!STUPID INTERNET!!!THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I'M WRITING MY REVIEW FROM SCRATCH!!!!!

The plot:
This is where I found most of my dissappointments.The plot's lack of uniqueness was clearly visible in my eyes.Anyone who has read a lot of YA dystopic novels this year can mark this out.Especially one dystopian novel in particular,i.e,Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me. If you've read Shatter Me you could easily point out the similarities between the two novels.I feel a bit guilty comparing two novels but the truth IS the truth and nothing can change that.And I would have liked it a whole lot better if the author wrote a different type of dystopian novel.This kind of plot,where the government takes advantages of citizens who are brainwashed or oppressed has become real common,especially this year.

The characters:
There was only one character that I had a problem with,and that was Adrien.I think the author portrayed his emotions through his intense blue eyes way too much.There has got to be more than that in a character,you know.I enjoyed reading about Max a lot.I was really attracted towards his possessiveness over Zoe.Somehow,I always seem to have a thing for lunatics.But then again,he reminded me of a particular character from a particular book.Yes,I'm talking about Warner from Shatter Me.I just can't help but notice how similar these books are.Zoe's okay.I don't have anything against her.So overall,I think the author did an okay job in portraying the characters.

My conclusion:
Overall,the book was okay.A different plot would've made it a bit more interesting,though.I'd recommend it as a borrow from friend material.I rated the book 3 out of 5 stars because of the following reasons:

1)-1 star for lack of uniqueness in the plot.
2)-1 star for Adrien's character.It could have been portrayed better.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glitch.