Adele's Reviews > BOUND

BOUND by C.K. Bryant

Jun 13, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed
Read 4 times. Last read June 13, 2012.

**Originally posted on Adele Is Reading

Bound is an Urban Fantasy where there are people from another planet coming to Earth in hopes of running from the person who is trying to kill them.

There are two points of view in Bound, but the main view that we read from, and who has the readers attention for the greater majority of the book, is Kira.

Kira is…different. In a matter of words, Kira is stubborn, she’s a survivor, and she loves her friend, Lydia. Kira’s certainly resilient as well. Kira always seems to know when things are up, too. When Kira believes in something, Kira stands her ground. She has a iron will, and she will relent on some things, as long as Kira knows what will happen instead. Over the course of Bound, we see Kira be this little mouse, turn into this lion of a girl.

The happenings of this book are something to be discussed. There is literally so much that happened. I was overcome with feelings many times during this book. I found myself laughing a lot, and I was hoping, and I grieved a little too. My emotions were all over the place.

What happens in this book literally does change Kira’s life forever. When she discovers and learns of Lydia’s secret, her mind will be blown. This only brings the two girls closer. Which is great because the girls are great friends. They’re great together. They seem to know the things that tick them off, and the things to help each other up when one of them is down.

I actually find to be this book a little unrealistic. And not because of the obvious, but because Kira and Lydia don’t have those fights that teenage girls are bound to have. – No pun intended! – What bothers me is that they seem to be really cool, calm, and collected. Even with the other main character in this story! Yeah, they fight, but it’s not the “normal” way.

Sometimes, the way that Bound was written, and the way that everything was set up, irked me. There would be this moment where something was happening, and there was just something about the scene that didn’t add up. It feels like the author was holding back some.

Nevertheless, I absolutely enjoyed rereading this book! I didn’t get to review this book the first time I read it, because back then I didn’t even know that book blogs were a thing. That, and every time I read this book, I forget about it, and then I would remember a scene. Which would lead me to thinking about this book for months trying to remember the name of the book! I’ve actually read Bound quite a few times, and I’m happy to say, that each time I get to reread this book, I have the same reactions as the first time I read this book!

I’m a little bummed that Bound is the first book in a trilogy.. I would have enjoyed knowing what happens to Kira at the end of this novel, going over into the next part of the story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read BOUND.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
Finished Reading
Finished Reading
Started Reading
June 13, 2012 – Shelved
June 13, 2012 – Finished Reading
June 7, 2016 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
October 14, 2016 – Shelved as: reviewed