Tari's Reviews > A Murder Between the Pages

A Murder Between the Pages by Amy Lillard

bookshelves: preordered, netgalley

For some reason, I loved this book even more than the first one! Those book club ladies are a hoot and crack me up! It's so funny how poor Arlo has to feel like their babysitter or sometimes even cat herder! But she loved each one of them fiercely especially Helen who took care of her from age sixteen. It had been so long since I read the first book that I really forgot so much. The author was great about catching readers up just enough without it getting boring for those who read the first book or giving away anything. I was actually glad for any review.

I had a feeling all along about whodunit and was right, but I hadn't expected the twist that had come along. I did figure one other thing out too, but usually I do that and have nowhere to go with it, so I just sit back and enjoy the read. At first I was like Arlo and didn't really want to worry about the past mystery, but like her, I got sucked into it quickly. I mean who could resist with these awesome ladies going on about it all the time? Arlo's description of them as being like the Golden Girls was pretty much spot-on...if those ladies had been amateur sleuths, that is!

I liked that Chloe and her little boy were included more in the story, since the first book she was basically unavailable most of the book. Just as the current murder and past mystery were solved, another one soon came along. Not actually a mystery, more like a returnee to town. I think I might have to reread parts of book one now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Murder Between the Pages.

August 4, 2020 – Shelved