Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > A Killing Frost

A Killing Frost by Seanan McGuire

A Killing Frost is Toby's 14th book. Can you believe it? For us her loyal fans, we never want this series to end.

As it was expected, Toby and Tybalt are getting closer to that wedding we are all waiting for. What Toby didn't know is that in order to get married, she must invite her "father" to her wedding or face the consequences. Of course, there is the little trouble of Simon not remembering how much he actually does care about Toby and currently hating her.

Toby knows she needs to find Simon and he needs to get his memory back. She knows she can't postpone it any longer and so a new quest begins. In this quest, she will take with her only her squire and her Fetch. This will turn out to be a recipe for disaster. One where Toby will need to protect Quentin and keep May alive without dying herself.

This is one of my favorite fantasy series. Right up there with Mercy and Dresden. Seanan McGuire has done an unbelievably great job at world-building. These characters are so well-known to me and dear to my heart. I love Tybalt, he is perfect for Toby. He gives her balance and has saved her life more times than I can count. Quentin has grown in front of our eyes, to become a young man who hopefully won't forget everything Toby has taught him. May, her former Fetch, who is going to make sure Toby doesn't get too much blood at her wedding (hopefully). Diana and Patrick have always been favorite characters too. Diana will punch first and then ask questions. She is a fighter and I love how much she doesn't care for Amandine. Hands down, the Luidaeg, is my favorite character after Tybalt and Toby. Once again, she steals every scene she is in.

What this installment was missing was more Tybalt, Raj, Guillian (which needs to wake up and stop being a brat).

I wonder what will happen with August, Sylvester and his family with the events that happened in this one. I'm not a Sylvester fan and it makes me mad the way Luna behaves with Toby.

A huge reveal happened almost at the end of A Killing Frost. I'm 100% sure it will have repercussions in all the books to come. I can't wait!

If you are a true fan of this series, you're going to enjoy this one.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by DAW via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Killing Frost.

August 1, 2020 – Started Reading
August 3, 2020 – Shelved as: romance
August 3, 2020 – Shelved as: series
August 3, 2020 – Shelved as: summer-reads
August 3, 2020 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Brenda ~Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Great review, Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews wrote: "Great review, Sheyla!"
Thank you, Brenda. It is one of my favorite Urban Fantasy series.

Trisha I love this review cause I feel the same about all the characters you mentioned AND book 14 is almost here.

Sheyla ✎ Trisha wrote: "I love this review cause I feel the same about all the characters you mentioned AND book 14 is almost here."
Thank you, Tish. Did you see she added two more books besides 15? so excited!!!

Trisha No, I didn't are they short stories?

Sheyla ✎ Trisha wrote: "No, I didn't are they short stories?"
I don't think so. Full books.

message 7: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review!!!

Sheyla ✎ Deanna wrote: "Great review!!!"
Thank you, Deanna. I love this series. I <3 Tybalt.

message 9: by Debra (new)

Debra Wonderful review, Sheyla!

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) great review :)

Sheyla ✎ Sheyla ✎ wrote: "Deanna wrote: "Great review!!!"
Thank you, Deanna. I love this series. I <3 Tybalt."

Thank you, Debra.

Sheyla ✎ Dorie - Cats&Books :) wrote: "great review :)"

message 13: by Suzy (new)

Suzy Outstanding review Sheyla! Glad you are loving this series! 💖

Sheyla ✎ Suzy wrote: "Outstanding review Sheyla! Glad you are loving this series! 💖"
Thank you, Suzy!

message 15: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Honestly, I love this review. thank you for letting me know about the lack of cliffhangers and how much my fav characters won't be appearing. This helps me temper my expectations and I'm sure will help me enjoy the books a lot more

Sheyla ✎ Jo wrote: "Honestly, I love this review. thank you for letting me know about the lack of cliffhangers and how much my fav characters won't be appearing. This helps me temper my expectations and I'm sure will ..."
I'm glad this helps you, Jo.
I don't like cliffhangers or at least I want to know if there is one when I'm reading a book.

message 17: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess I'm right there with you on "this is one of my favorite [urban] fantasy series. Right up there with Mercy and Dresden." (They're sort of the holy triad of escapism in my home library.) I'm very much looking forward to this book, and your review is encouraging without giving too much away.

Sheyla ✎ Jess wrote: "I'm right there with you on "this is one of my favorite [urban] fantasy series. Right up there with Mercy and Dresden." (They're sort of the holy triad of escapism in my home library.) I'm very muc..."

So happy you like the same UF books. I do love both of them. Last Dresden was great and I can't wait for Battle Ground.